OMGPOP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games do you guys like to play?

2 posters

Go down

What games do you guys like to play? Empty What games do you guys like to play?

Post by JoeGrotowski Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm

First and foremost, I love retro games = particularly the Coin - op games from decades past which I used to play as a kid in the Arcade {Arcade? what's that?} and a lot of console games too.

Lately I've noticed that the last generation consoles: Gamecube, Playstation 2, Xbox, are considered to be retro even though some games for those consoles aren't even 5 years old!
No
To give you an example, I've been playing BLACK - a first person shooter on the PS2, and there's a review out saying what a great old classic it is, when it isn't even old enough to collect dust yet!
Whatever.
Look at it, and tell me if it looks that 'old' to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5_84JsjxE

So if that's considered retro I suppose all the current consoles have about another year or two before they're considered to be antiques as well.

What was I saying?
Oh, yes.
I was asking you what kind of games you guys like to play: even if they're 'old'. What games do you guys like to play? Cranky-Kong
JoeGrotowski
JoeGrotowski
OPF Member

Back to top Go down

What games do you guys like to play? Empty Re: What games do you guys like to play?

Post by KamikazeKhitty Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Omg, Donkey Kong! xD <3
I lovelovelove a bunch of PS/PS2 games, like the Xenosaga series, TimeSplitters series, Silent Hill series, and Final Fantasy games before the tenth. Dark Cloud is pretty fun, too, although I never got too far with that game. D: Apart from PS/2 games, I like Pokemon red for Gameboy. :3
KamikazeKhitty
KamikazeKhitty
OPF Member

Back to top Go down

What games do you guys like to play? Empty Re: What games do you guys like to play?

Post by JoeGrotowski Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 am

Cool, KK, it's good to see another retro gamer besides myself in the forum.
Please don't get me wrong; the new games are truly incredible and I think that trying to compare different generations of consoles is like comparing apples to oranges.
scratch - I like all kinds of games myself.

Yeah DK is great and I enjoy playing it and other classics over on RU.
Right now I'm working my way through some Amiga games which are pretty interesting ..

You mentioned some familiar games, and for the record I absolutely love Gamecube and Playstation 2 games, and play as many as I can.
I played Silent Hill 2 and it took me forever to find my way around town!
Great game, awesome characters and puzzles - no wonder it was such a big hit in Japan.

I never played Timesplitters, but the Classic Game Room review I posted above rates it very highly.

I am currently playing several games:
Starfox Adventures
Reckless: the Yakuza missions
Custom Robo
Metroid Prime
Project: Eden
Smackdown Vs Raw
NFS Pro Street
.. and a few others.
alien
JoeGrotowski
JoeGrotowski
OPF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down